Re: solids help needed

From: Fusioneng@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 23 1998 - 05:12:42 EET

In a message dated 98-11-22 19:05:35 EST, marshall@ennex.com writes:

<< Bob,

     Does your company also have SolidWorks? I'd like to know if SolidWorks
would
 also be adequate for this purpose. What about other systems that are supposed
 be good with freeform shapes, such as Rhino and Form Z?

 Best regards,
 Marshall Burns
 Marshall@Ennex.com >>

Marshall
Yes my company Built 20 molds from concept to completion using solidworks last
year as a test. We found it sufficient for most part modeling functions but
5-6 hour regens on mold assemblies were unacceptable even on our fastest NT
systems. It would be a stretch to try to do class 1a surfaces with solidworks
but not impossible. Rhino, FormZ, and Designer all do nice freeform surfacing
but it is difficult to hold the geometry to exact dimensions. A combination
between a good freeform modeler and a solids modeler is what most people use.
Bob Morton
Fusion Engineering