Re: The cost of Rapid Prototyping

From: Michel Gilio (michel.gilio@mail.mech.kuleuven.ac.be)
Date: Mon Nov 23 1998 - 13:19:59 EET

Pier Vito,

There's an article in "Prototyping Technology International '98", written
by P.M. Dickens in which different RP-technologies are compared with
respect to their costs in fabricating a functional part. The authors also
calculate the break even points for each RP-Technology, with respect to
traditional injection moulding technique for making this functional part.
The cost calculations seem to be very detailed.
The article is:
"Rapid Manufacturing", by P.M. Dickens and J.N. Keane
Prototyping technology international '98, pp.209-212

Regards,
Michel

--
Michel Gilio