Re: solids help needed

From: Steve_Farentinos (steve@pmli.com)
Date: Mon Nov 23 1998 - 15:58:18 EET

Bob,

The Class a surfacing that you write about is concerned specifically with the
styling of visible surfaces in cars. In addition to CATIA, there are many
other systems with this capability, including Unigraphics, Varimetrix, Strim,
CDRS and, the grandaddy of all styling systems, Alias. In fact, this
capability was conspicuously absent from Pro/e until PTC purchased ICEM
technologies. As far as I can tell, they were the first CAD vendor to use the
term "class A surfacing" as a marketing tool. This doesn't mean other programs
are incapable of producing the same shapes, although some may be. What is
special in these programs are tools for viewing and analyzing the continuity
and reflection characteristics of your design.

Steve

--
Steve Farentinos
PML, Inc.