Rapid Tooling information from Bo Yang at NJIT

From: Monica & Glenn Whiteside (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Nov 30 1998 - 05:33:45 EET

Bo Yang, you wrote:

>Dear RP Friends:
>
>As many of you requested, I put some of my research results on Rapid
>Tooling and Manufacturing on the webpage:
>http://www-ec.njit.edu/riml/proj/RPT/rpt1.html. You can also go to
>http://www-ec.njit.edu/riml/index.html to check out other RP projects
>being investigated in our lab.
>
>Much work on RP&M has been done in this lab and it is time to make these
>projects to fly. So feel free to contact Dr. Leu, Lab Director at
>mleu@nsf.gov or bxy0487@oak.njit.edu to discuss cooperation opportunity.
>
>Bo Yang, Ph.D Candidate
>Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
>NJIT, Newark, NJ 07102
>Phone:973-642-4577
>fax: 973-596-5601
>http://www-ec.njit.edu/riml/students/by/index.html
*
Bo Yang:

Nice informative websites. The article on electroplating/electroforming
dies, molds, and EDM tooling was interesting. I especially found
interesting the article on "Rapid Freezing Prototyping" (RFP) where a 3D ice
part is built by depositing and rapidly freezing water in a layer-by-layer
manner. You can't get a more environmentally friendly material than water,
just place it out in the hot sun and it's recycled in a matter of minutes.
This could have some applications for duplicating icing formations for
aircraft icing tests......anybody looked at this yet?

Regards,

Glenn Whiteside
e-mail: siderwhite@worldnet.att.net