Picza 3D Scanner and Modela 3D Fabricator

From: Monica & Glenn Whiteside (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 08:35:34 EET

Dear rp-ml:

I was perusing the latest copy of a Mondo-tronics catalog (they sell kits
for robots and robotic devices) and found a section on page 41 entitled "3-D
Fabrication" where they offered a Picza 3D Scanner (this desktop device uses
a thin piezo feeler to touch the object and build a map of its surface with
a working volume of 6" x 4" x 1.5") and a Modela 3D Fabricator (a desktop
CNC milling machine with a working volume of 6" x 4" x 1.5") including
TrueSpace 3.0 software (supposedly "an advanced 3D modeling and animation
tool with simple, easy to use interface") for $1,990.00 (US dollars). I've
heard both of these mentioned on the rp-ml and was wondering if this was a
good price for both with all of the software.

If anybody is interested, Mondo-tronics can be reached at:

Mondo-tronics, Inc.
4286 Redwood Hwy, #226
San Rafael, CA 94903
Phone: 1-800-374-5764
Email: info@mondo.com
Website: www.RobotStore.com

I think I've found my Christmas present for the home shop.....now if money
only grew on trees.....(RP money? Just kidding, in case the FBI is
monitoring this list)....

Cheers,

Glenn Whiteside
Email: siderwhite@worldnet.att.net