RP/CAM Software etc...

From: Chris Meyers (cjmeyers@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Dec 02 1998 - 20:17:23 EET

Ed, the CIMdata site is excellent although their reports are outrageously
priced.... Any other resources anyone can provide would be most
appreciated. (including an association's analysis, or trade mag. annual
guide...) original note posted below. Thanks in advance for those who can
lend me a hand in this investigation. Thanks. Chris.
>Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 17:30:31 -0500
>To: rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
>From: Chris Meyers <cjmeyers@mindspring.com>
>Subject: RP/CAM Software etc...
>
>>>Dear members,
>>1)I'm interested in hearing options for low, medium and high end RP and
CAM software capable ultimately generating/producing machine tool paths for
Rapid Manufacturing, or at minimum, CNC Machining.

>>2)Is there a "Consumer Reports" of this category of software that would
give the good, bad and ugly, and also distinguish between critical features
and benefits, esp. for those Upper end packages... Look forward to your
comments.

>>3) Also, please feel free to comment on current/future patterns in trends
in software, capabilities and pricing in RP & M, including any "yet to be
released" upgrades, OR new to the world packages you feel are worth
investigating for applications. Thanks in advance for your valuable
input.
>>Chris
Christopher J. Meyers
55 Ashley Ave. #8