point clouds to production drawing

From: Andreas Langmaack (andreasla@usa.net)
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 17:59:02 EET

Hello group!

I am a visiting scholar from Cologne, Germany writing my senior thesis at
Florida Atlantic University.
I am a new member in the list and amazed about this great experience exchange
between the members. So far I don't have many experience I could share with
you but I would really appreciate if some of you could give me a few hints how
to get ahead with my project.
The aim of my project is reverse engineering of a turbine blade by generating
production drawings and a solid model from geometrical data obtained by a
laser scanner.
So far I am working with Pro/E ( release 20) and iges files, generating
surfaces with the scantools.
Does anybody have experiences in this process?
I am looking forward to any reply.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Andreas Langmaack
Florida Atlantiv University