ATTN: Michael Rees, RE ASM article

From: Monica & Glenn Whiteside (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Dec 08 1998 - 07:45:42 EET

Michael:

I was skimming throught the December 1998 issue of "Advanced Materials &
Processes" (published by ASM International) and lo and behold on page 5 was
a full page article on LOM which included a section on your art and a
picture of you and your creation "Chakra Seuss." This makes for good PR for
LOM and for Rapid Prototyping in general. It shows designers that it's no
longer just pure "laboratory science" and that many different people and
industries can utilize and benefit from it. It says the sculpture "Chakra
Seuss" was built in 186 hours which doesn't seem like a bad throughput time,
especially considering it is 6 ft. tall!! Although it must have been quite
a chore to remove all those excess tiles! At an estimated value of $35,000,
I think us conventional designers are definitely in the wrong business!!!

Regards,

Glenn Whiteside

P.S.: If anybody wants to get a copy of the article, they can contact ASM at
their web site:
www.asm-intl.org or e-mail them at amp@po.asm-intl.org