RE: VIRUS ALERT! (in 2 Seminar Postings)...NOT A HOAX!!!

From: Lynn Joe B Jr CNIN (lynn_joe@crane.navy.mil)
Date: Tue Dec 08 1998 - 15:54:19 EET

Marshall and list,

Yes, you are correct. You have to run an executable file, or open an
attached document of a file (Word, Excel, etc.) that contains a macro in
order to transmit the virus to your PC. But in the near future, there could
be the possibility of receiving viruses just by opening your e-mail. Check
out this url.

http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,372459,00.html

Regards,
Joe Lynn

Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division
CAD and Rapid Prototyping Facility
lynn_joe@crane.navy.mil
812-854-5811 (Voice)
812-854-3211 (FAX)