Re: Silicon Graphics & 3D Software

From: Scott -Scooter- Sutterer (ssutter@pdmfg.com)
Date: Tue Dec 08 1998 - 18:18:30 EET

Here is the exact wording from the 3D Systems Web Site.

The new Windows NT part preparation software to be released approx.
March 1999 will be the preferred pathway for Y2K-ready part preparation
software.

Quite frankly I will be happy to get rid of my SGI. Including the SLA
250, I am running 3 different operating systems. Also I will be able to
drop maintenance on the SGI. At over $2000 a year that will be a big
help in paying for a new NT box. My one complaint (well one of my major
complaints) is that 3D is planning an undetermined cost for the new
software upgrade. Here we are paying software maintenance on a product
that 3D Systems has clearly stated they do not plan to make Y2K-ready!?

--
#######             Scott "Scooter" Sutterer
#####\_O            Premier Design & Mfg. Co.