Re: The not so good old days.

From: James P. Harrison (harrjp@juno.com)
Date: Wed Dec 09 1998 - 03:23:09 EET

In 1988 we used a 286 PC to slice and merge files and now I am
complaining how slow the SGI O2 is! Technology gets better and
we still want it faster!!

Happy Holidays,
Jim

James P. Harrison Director Of Operations
3Dimensional Engineering www.3de.net; harrjp@juno.com
2991 N. Powerline Rd. Pompano Beach, FL. 33069
954-972-9906 (phone) 954-972-8903 (fax)

On Tue, 08 Dec 1998 15:45:50 -0600 Scott -Scooter- Sutterer
<ssutter@pdmfg.com> writes:
>Today I was cleaning a SL part and noticed a few bubbles in the part.
>thought that was odd. I had not seen bubbles in my parts since I got a
>zephyr recoating system. Then I got to thinking about all the other
>improvements I have seen in the SL process since I started running a
>SL
>lab 5+ years ago. Here are a few.
>
>Better lasers
>Dramatically less warp in the newer resins
>No more worries about trapped volumes
>Better supports
>Faster hardware
>Better software
>Increased part accuracy
>Thinner layers
>Less build failures.
>
>The list goes on and on. Many things like trapped volumes and bubbles
>do not even have to consider or worry about anymore. I sure the
>dinosaurs list of obsolete tasks are much longer. Although I poke the
>bear (3D Systems) quite often about problems with the SLA, it is nice
>look back and see the amazing changes that industry has seen in such a
>short time. It is still really cool to have a job in a field that
>most
>people don't know about!
>
>Happy Holidays
>--
>####### Scott "Scooter" Sutterer
>#####\_O Premier Design & Mfg. Co.
>####/\/> 5988 Mid Rivers Mall Dr.
>#### /" St. Charles MO 63304
>### \ Phone: (314) 936-1288
>## Fax: (314) 936-2528
># ssutter@pdmfg.com
> www.pdmfg.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]