Question on Cooling

From: Vito Gervasi (gervasi@msoe.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 10 1998 - 00:50:51 EET

Dear RP List:

We are doing a comparison study of several cooling methods and need a
better feel for what is being used out there in the rapid tooling
industry. We will eventually publish our results on this study.

Question...for rapid tooling (such as AIM, composite, or others, --there
are many now) what is the typical copper tubing size used for the
various cooling methods (inside diameter preferred).

Also, is it common to use several copper tubes within one mold half?

What types of coolants, coolant temperatures, and coolant pressures are
typical?

Your input is well appreciated and will remain confidential if
requested.

Thanks Much

Vito Gervasi
Manager of R&D