Possible 3rd Source for stereolithography resins?

From: Monica & Glenn Whiteside (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Dec 10 1998 - 06:51:08 EET

Dear rp-ml:

Just read another interesting article on two experimental flexible epoxy
resins that maintain their physical properties over a wide range of low and
high temperatures while providing long-term resistance to moisture. Sounds
like what we've been waiting for a long time, now if they were only
UV-curable.... These resins, from Dow Chemical Co., Midland, MI, designated
XZ 92465.00 and XZ 92466.00 combine urethane and expoxy performance.

Maybe Dow will provide Ciba and Dupont with a little more competition to
hopefully make these material costs more affordable for the users. If the
price were right maybe we could all make more prototypes. In talking with
some doctors, one of the main reasons they don't use RP more often for
medical models is because of the high cost. Maybe if everybody on the
rp-ml contacted Dow expressing interest in UV-curable epoxies they would
step up to the challenge. If anybody is interested they can contact Dow at:

Dow Customer Information Group
(800) 441-4369
outside North America call (517) 832-1597
Web site: www.dow.com

Regards,

Glenn Whiteside