Re: Future of RP

From: Marshall Burns (Marshall@Ennex.com)
Date: Sat Dec 12 1998 - 22:03:13 EET

Steve,

    I agree with what you wrote today. In the glossary of some new writing I am working on, I have the following items, which are along the lines of what you were saying:

        Industrial revolution. The economic era arising from the harnessing of mechanical power. Characterized by centralized production, proliferation of wealth, and loss of individuality.

        Fabricator revolution. The economic era arising from the ability to give shape and structure to matter automatically. Characterized by distributed production, proliferation of wealth, and individual freedom.

    Therefore, the fabber revolution undoes the centralization and loss of individuality brought about by the industrial revolution, but it also continues and increases the proliferation of wealth started by the previous revolution.

    I am interested in your further comments.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns
Marshall@Ennex.com

***** ENNEX(TM) CORPORATION