Re: a summary of Future of RP Comments

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 14:52:04 EET

At 07:22 PM 12/16/98 -0600, you wrote:
>think that some software companies are much more concerned with collecting
>their licensing fees than in listening to their core users. This loss of
>customer focus will eventually catch up with them when the competition
>starts providing what the customer wants in a timely manner and at more
>reasonable prices.

This is what will produce progress......on all fronts not just CAD. I read
where customer focus was becoming a thing of the past since companies can
just produce and we as consumers blindly buy. After the sale there is
little recourse for a bad product except throw it on the shelf or if you
must make it work, you fail to meet deadlines and then your products are
late to market.

I am eagerly awaiting the next generation of RP systems to hit the market
to see how deeply they impact the user community.

Elaine

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://chip.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html