Direct Comparison of SLS(DTM) and DMLS(EOS)

From: MIN CHANG-SHIK (mcs9413@lge.co.kr)
Date: Mon Dec 21 1998 - 04:47:58 EET

    Dear ALL:

 I'm very interested in direct metal tooling technology.
 I hear there are several processes which are able to make
 metal mold directly from CAD file, and among them are SLS
 and DMLS technology.
 As far as I'm concerned,I could't get the direct comparison
 data between two technologies from industry,not manufacturers.
 So I can't tell which is better.

 Is there anyone who has some experience on both technologies
 in the industry ?

 Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you in advance.
Chang-Shik,Min
Precision Technology Center,LG-PRC / LG Electronics Inc.
19-1,Cheongho-Ri,Jinwuy-Myon,Pyungtaek(451-713), R.O.Korea
(Voice)+82-333-660-7090
(Fax)+82-333-660-7384