CNC High Speed Machining as an Alternative of Rapid Tooling

From: MIN CHANG-SHIK (mcs9413@lge.co.kr)
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 08:10:54 EET

   Dear ALL :

 I think there might be some alternatives for all the rapid tooling
 methods that have already reached their critical point.
 When it comes to accuracy(the 1st priority of production mold),
 all the rapid tooling methods developed so far could't go over
 the conventional CNC tooling.
 For turnaround time too, high speed machining technologies have
 much more possibilty than rapid tooling methods.
 For Invetment Cost, high speed machining technologies can give
 us much more possibilty than rapid tooling methods.
 So I think there is no alternative of rapid tooling tech. except CNC
 HIGH SPEED MACHINING for the time being.
 Is there anyone who has some opinions on this ?
 Any opinion you can give me would be greatly appreciated...

  Best Regards.

Chang-Shik,Min
Precision Technology Center,LG-PRC / LG Electronics Inc.
19-1,Cheongho-Ri,Jinwuy-Myon,Pyungtaek(451-713), R.O.Korea
(Voice)+82-333-660-7090
(Fax)+82-333-660-7384