3D Laser Digitizer(Scanner) for mold inspection

From: MIN CHANG-SHIK (mcs9413@lge.co.kr)
Date: Fri Dec 25 1998 - 09:18:54 EET

   Dear ALL :

 I would check the accuracy of mold built by such rapid
 tooling technologies as SLS,DMLS using 3D laser scanner.

 But there seem to be so many arguments on whether 3D laser
 scanner can play a role of conventional CMM as an inspection
 tool or not.

 Can 3D laser scanner be used as an inspection tool like CMM ?

 Can anyone of you give me some advices about this ?

   Best regards.

Chang-Shik,Min
Precision Technology Center,LG-PRC / LG Electronics Inc.
19-1,Cheongho-Ri,Jinwuy-Myon,Pyungtaek(451-713), R.O.Korea
(Voice)+82-333-660-7090
(Fax)+82-333-660-7384