RP EDM electrodes

From: Jack Wittlich (jwitt@apci.net)
Date: Sun Dec 27 1998 - 16:34:23 EET

Hello List:

Since I have experience in casting epoxies, I used to think about casting
carbon or metal filled electrodes for EDM. I was finally convinced that it
would not work, mainly because of the lack of heat resistance of the binder
(epoxy), and the rapid erosion of the electrode.

Is any work being done with direct production of electrodes using RP?

Is a plated plastic electrode of any use, or must the electrode be from a
metallic deposit system with post impregnation?

Best Regards,

Jack