seeking thoughts on Somos 8120

From: Gabe Clark (gabe.clark@sdaa.com)
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 20:07:04 EET

        I'm sure that this is not the first time that this has been discussed
on the list but I also have to ask about these resins. We as well are going to
start using one of the flexible resins. We are considering either the Dupont
Somos 8120 or the Ciba-Geigy Cibatool SL5520. I would like to know what
everyone thought about these resins. Are there any down-sides to either one?
 Does anyone think that one is definately better than the other? Is one
actually more flexible than the other? Does one finish easier/better? Does
the Dupont actually build faster than Ciba's version? Do they have the same
sidewall characteristics? I could go on forever, but anything anybody has to
say would be appreciated greatly! Thanks in advance and I will post the
results to the list when they are all recieved.

--
Gabe Clark                                   gabe.clark@sdaa.com
Rapid Prototype Manager                           (801)-328-8220