[Fwd: Urethanes for SLA Systems]

From: bmacier@andisco.com
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 14:50:20 EET

In our needs of a RTV mold is it enables us to make multiple replicas of
the SL-Master.
In the way you are talking about it would still only allow 1 piece. I
know that the
SL-Masters tend to be brittle, so being able to make multiple pieces is
somewhat of an
insurance. After I make the RTV mold and produce many pieces it doesn't
matter if they get broken (in which they do) because if more are needed
I can easily reproduce them.

Bess Macier
Model-Maker
Andis Co.

attached mail follows:

-- [ From: Al Hastbacka * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

I find it kind of interesting that many RP shops use an SLA machine to
make an epoxy master, to be followed by an RTV molding process so that
they can make a urethane part for the end use of the customer.

How about bypassing some of these steps by making the urethane model in
the SLA System in the first place?

Al Hastbacka