RE: stl parts pricing

From: Halford, Ben (ben.halford@pera.com)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 19:12:54 EET

Jordan
Spread sheet predictions based on part 'z' height and volume are reasonably
good for the majority of builds but tend to falter in cases where there are
a large number of thin walled surfaces. For greater accuracy try including
the non horizontal surface area and then things become very much more
accurate. The modification compensates for the higher proportion of border
to fill scan time (with the provision of your relevant machine parameters)
which if left unaccounted for can cause significant estimate errors (30% in
extreme cases).
Regards

Ben Halford
PERA Technology