Re: Resin-based direct tooling

From: Tsuneo Hagiwara (hagi@mx.ksp.or.jp)
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 17:41:30 EET

Dear Friend,

I know there is a very fine system and good photopolymer in Japan. TEIJIN
SEIKI developed "Direct Injection Molding" die by solid-imaging using TEIJIN
SEIKI's SOLIFORM System.
It is satisfied with your request.
Accuracy : +/- 0.05mm
Tooling life: >200 by ABS, -200 by PC
Easy to make die.

At 1:00 PM +0900 99.1.22, MIN CHANG-SHIK wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> I've been looking for direct tooling methods which can make mold
> without any human intervention so far.
> Yeah....The future manufacturing system,I always think,should be
> comprised of unmanned processes,which are not skill-dependent,but
> system-dependent,as you know.
> During my eager search,I hear there seem to be some methods which
> are capable of making resin(photopolymer)-based mold directly from
> 3D CAD model of mold.
>
> The minimum requirements for injection mold,I think,are as follow.
>
> 1. Accuracy : +/- 0.05 mm
> 2. Tool life : 100 - 200 shots (All my applications are for eng-
> ineering sample making)
> 3. Materials to be injected : ABS,PC or glass-filled.
> 4. Turnaround : Within 2 days from 3D model to physical mold
> regardless of its shape.
>
> Is there anyone who happened to know of any process which can meet
> the above requirements ?
> Any information you can give me would be greatly apprecicated.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best regards.
>

> Chang-Shik,Min
> Precision Technology Center,LG-PRC / LG Electronics Inc.
> 19-1,Cheongho-Ri,Jinwuy-Myon,Pyungtaek(451-713), R.O.Korea
> (Voice)+82-333-660-7090
> (Fax)+82-333-660-7384

Dr. Tsuneo Hagiwara <hagi@hino.email.ne.jp>
                or <hagi@mx.ksp.or.jp>
Manager, SOLIFORM Photo-resin R&D Lab.
TEIJIN SEIKI Co., Ltd.
KSP D4F, 3-2-1 Sakado, Tskatsu-ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 213-0012, JAPAN
TEL +81-44-813-8700
FAX +81-44-819-3218
Home:
5-29-6, Hino-Honmachi, Hino, Tokyo 191-0011, JAPAN
TEL +81-42-582-0467
FAX +81-42-581-9467