SL Resin Strength

From: Andrew_Chantrill (Andrew_Chantrill@compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Jan 26 1999 - 13:05:11 EET

It was, I believe, Ford in the US who first did this (1990?) and it worked
just fine - and that was with an old acrylic resin. It was one of 3D's
first 'functional' success stories, and they probably still have the .stl
file and photos to show of it.

It works for other designs too - I had one user who built (in SL5170) a
simple fan (like a multiblade aeroplane propeller) about 50mm (2") diameter
and ran it successfully at 16,000 (yes, sixteen thousand) rpm!

Good luck,

Andrew Chantrill

T2M Limited
Tel: +44 (0) 1326 270712