Fwd: SL Resin Strength

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 26 1999 - 15:54:45 EET

>I have a customer who wishes to make automotive HVAC air blower fans
>periphery). They wish to test them at 1000-1500 RPM. Will the SL resin
>be able to do the job (SL5410)? Has anyone else done something similar?

Dan,

I can not locate the paper but Jim LaRocca of GM-Delphi presented one at
either the 93 or 94 user meeting on building and testing fans for
air-conditioning units.
They were able to justify another SLA-500 with the cost savings. If SLA
resins could do that way back then, I am sure your customer will have the
same if not better results.

Elaine
Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://chip.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html