RE: DSPC-system?

From: Wayne L Foss (wlfoss@crnotes.collins.rockwell.com)
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 21:21:05 EET

Jeff,

My sources indicate that the base technology (basically inkjet printing)
was developed at MIT and Soligen had the only rights to it for quite some
time. An acquaintance of mine worked on Soligen's development team since
the beginning and was their only on-the-road marketing person until
recently. This process is the "first" 3D printer. Now, other companies such
as Z Corp use the same process which is also licensed by MIT. It's possible
that a European company has/is/did/was develop a similar technology, but I
don't know who.

Wayne

Jeff McBride <jmcbri@wgc.woodward.com> on 02/03/99 09:29:09 AM