Re: Silicon mould & casting using an SLS master

From: MET-L-FLO INC. (sales@met-l-flo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 16:49:47 EET

Sergio,

We have molded SLS parts many times and have had no problems using Platinum
Silicones. If you are looking to apply a finish to the part you will need
to test the paint you want to use.

As to the relation or the casting resins and the SLS resin. I would
reccommend using 17g/cu in for the urethane. this will allow you to
calculate the the amount of material need to fill the cavity of the tool.
Do not forget to add material for any gates, runners, and any additional
material needed.

I hope this helps.

Carl Dekker
"Making Tomorrow Today"