Re: .010 slice for sla 500

From: Joe Allison (Joe@SolidConcepts.com)
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 23:17:07 EET

Bob and Ingrid,

I am curious. Why do you want to build at .010" layers? There is
considerably more finishing to do, and there is theoretical and empirical
evidence to show that the maximum layer thickness for speed is somewhere
close to the Dp which is typically around .005-006". Are you exceeding the
limit of the scanning system at these layer thicknesses?

At 01:45 PM 2/11/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Ingrid wrote:
>>Has anyone built a .010 slice on a SLA500?
>>Anything to watch out for?
>>Any suggestions on parameters for the build?
>>Thanks,
>>Ingrid Timmel
>>timmelin@fisher-price.com
>I build routinely at .010 using DuPont SOMOS resins, currently 8100.
>Starting parameters would be .008 BOC for supports, .006 BOC and .0025
>HOC with .006 for X and Y fills for the part. I set the laser power at
>the head at about 290 and max draw speed at 200. These settings will
>give you about 176 ips hatch speed and 360 ips fill speeds which on thin
>walls will give a small amount of tagging when it fills. This is with an
>Ec of 7.3 and a Dp of 5.7. Keep in mind these settings are for DuPonts
>resin I do not have any data for other resin.
>
>Bob Speer
>Alcoa Tech Center
>robert.speer@alcoa.com (724) 337-3836

Joe Allison