Another SLA-500 Laser problem

From: TAN CHOR ANN, RP (TANCA@proton.com.my)
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 05:53:02 EET

Dear list,
Thank you for all comments and help. I've already ensured that all
panels are locked, and the analog interface connector has already been
modified to include two small wires that are strapped onto external pins
on the rear housing of the laser supply unit, for remote turn on of the
laser....
The 'External Interlock' message has disappeared....BUT....now after the
Start Delay has counted to zero, the laser switches off and another
error message appears: "Laser Off" followed by "Low Starter Volt". Now,
this laser power supply unit is brand new so why isn't the starter
getting any voltage??
Please advice!! I'm getting really frustrated with this machine here!!!
Thanks in advance,

Raymond Tan
Rapid Prototype & Manufacturing Center
Research & Development Dept.