academic sources of rp services

From: Interpro Rapid Technologies (interpro@uconect.net)
Date: Fri Feb 26 1999 - 02:21:44 EET

Dear RPML

Here in Connecticut, we have a state funded college providing RP services at rates that are significantly below what we in private industry can compete with.  The RP equipment was bought with tax dollars, and runs in a lab staffed by students and state workers.

Since we have lost a lot of business to this group, it would be helpful to hear from others (service providers, academic groups, ...) who may be in similar situations.   How has this conflict been handled elsewhere?   Any suggestions?

Kevin Dyer
InterPRO Rapid Technologies
Russ Blackledge

InterPRO Rapid Technologies