RE: Question : DICOM (CT file formation)

From: Justin Kidder (jrkst34+@pitt.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 27 1999 - 17:11:16 EET

Jae-Hun,
    The offical specification for the DICOM standard can be found at
http://www.nema.org/nema/medical/dicom/

Just to warn you, the standard is incredibly complex and may take a long
time to get a robust DICOM reader working from scratch. There are several
source code implementations that can be used to read DICOM files...some of
these can be found at http://www.merge.com/DICOM/DICOM/DICOM_Resources.html

Also, check out comp.protocols.dicom for more help,

good luck,

Justin Kidder
Automation and Robotics Lab
University of Pittsburgh