Very small details

From: Wayne L Foss (wlfoss@crnotes.collins.rockwell.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 00:18:59 EET

I have a potential need for a source that can produce small, highly
detailed parts to the specifications that follow. The part will be used for
isolating and mounting IC chips in a test fixture. Dimensions are in
inches.

The part will have .007 thick fins that are .100 high and .050 wide. They
may be attached to a solid structure at one end (along the .100) and/or the
bottom (along the .050). There is a space between fins of .010 which makes
the pitch .017. This part will fit over (or under) the IC and the fins will
fit in between the "waterfall" of the leads. There are 60 leads per side
for a total of 240. The material must be strong, withstand a temperature of
125 degrees C and must be electrically non-conductive.

I do not have drawings yet. We will consider any process.

I do know of Pure Fluid Magic, but Ms. Iverson, in my last conversation
with her, indicated that she was not taking on any outside projects.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Wayne Foss
Rockwell Collins, Inc.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa.