Request for minimum wall thickness quotation

From: Marshall Burns (Marshall@Ennex.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 1999 - 22:30:03 EET

Dear Colleagues,

    We have been asked to assist in the fabrication of a scientific
instrument that includes a fine grid structure. For this purpose, I am
seeking quotations of the smallest wall thickness that can be made by
various fabricators. The structure to be made is a square grid with cell
spacing of one millimeter (0.040 inch). The target for the wall thickness is
to not exceed 150 microns (0.006 inch) and preferably 100 microns (0.004
inch). Please let me know if you can meet or beat this target. If you can
meet the need for small wall thickness, we will go into details and request
a commercial price quotation.

    This request is being sent to:
            -- Sanders
            -- Aaroflex
            -- Light Sculpting
            -- University of Tokyo
            -- RP-ML for response by job shops with special experience in
making thin-walled structures by SLA or other techniques. Other RP-ML
members please feel free to respond with suggestions and recommendations.

    The application requires high diffuse reflectivity of visible light. We
may be able to achieve this with a coating material applied to the
structure, but if you are able use a material that has this property
innately, please say so because this would be an advantage.

    Please let me have your response as soon as possible, If possible, a
response by Friday, March 5 would be helpful.

    Thank you.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns

Marshall Burns, President
Ennex(TM) Corporation
Fabbing the Future(TM)
10911 Weyburn Avenue, Suite 332, Los Angeles, U.S.A. 90024
Phone: +1 (310) 824-8700. Fax: +1 (310) 824-5185
E-mail: fabbers@Ennex.com. Web site: http://www.Ennex.com
***** Copyright (c) 1999, Ennex Corporation