Re: Star Wars .stl files?

From: Scott -Scooter- Sutterer (ssutter@pdmfg.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 16:58:49 EET

I have had some luck converting these files (3ds) using Cross Roads
(http://www.europa.com/~keithr/Crossroads/index.html) this program will convert
them to .wrl . Than I use Solid View to convert them to .stl

Have Fun

SCat3D@aol.com wrote:

> By far the best Star Wars files on the net are at:
>
> http://www.surfthe.net/swma/
>
> "The Star Wars Modeling Alliance"
>
> Although these are the best models out there in the "public domain," We have
> created over 150 different Episode 1 product prototypes (many on SLA and
> Actua) and have found that NOTHING on the net is accurate enough to pass
> through the approval process. However, the Millenium Falcon at SWMA is by far
> the most detailed model you will find and makes a great SLA piece IF you can
> convert it STL succesfully. Suggestion: uses 3dverify's option to split the
> object into seperate pieces without fixing, then work on repairing each
> component individually.
>
> -Steve

#######             Scott "Scooter" Sutterer
#####\_O            Premier Design & Mfg. Co.
####/\/>            5988 Mid Rivers Mall Dr.
#### /"             St. Charles MO 63304
###  \              Phone: (314) 936-1288
##                  Fax: (314) 936-2528
#                   ssutter@pdmfg.com
      www.pdmfg.com