RE: SGI NT workstations

From: razdan (razdan@asu.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 14 1999 - 03:26:24 EET

I ordered two 350's a few weeks ago. I was also promised delivery in time
for my new lab opening. I had to twist arms to get a demo station delivered
since SGI could not deliver the systems in time - I am still waiting for the
two systems. I was assured that the production and shipping was being done
by a "big" company who does it for Dell also and that they were confident of
shipping their systems with 4-5 day turn around. HUH

However I do hava the demo station and it does lightening speed graphics.
Basic comparison - it shades and textures twice as fast as my new 450 PII
(dual processor) with FireGLpro 1000 graphics card.

Dr. Anshuman Razdan
Technical Director PRISM
Email: razdan@asu.edu
Web: surdas.eas.asu.edu/~razdan