Re: "we should learn to ignore things and people"

From: Foamcaster@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 23 1999 - 19:00:45 EET

In a message dated 3/23/1999 8:44:50 AM Mountain Standard Time,
retten@stutcad.uni-stuttgart.de writes:

<< Could we please stop this thread?!?
 I´m just one of these silent listeners, but I´m tired of this pseudo-moralic
 "please leave a signature otherwise we don´t know you" posts. Sometimes we
 should learn to ignore things (and people).

Markus,

Please accept my apology for adding to the bulk of the email you received over
this signature issue. Normally, I do ignore the lack of courtesy shown by
those who do not sign their messages. In this case, however, the writer's
obvious attack on a long standing, positive contributor to this list . . .
while hiding behind an email address that cannot be directly replied to
warrants special attention.

Surely you have studied enough history to know that simply ignoring people who
attack others without cause and who hide their identity is not always the best
way to stop such behavior.

If you don't want to waste your time reading the messages related to the Re:
"the most arrogant about it" thread, the simplest solution for you would be to
delete them from your mailbox instead of opening them and reading them.

Ken Miller
Miller Technologies
395 S. 1100 W.
Farmington, UT 84025