Re: Master Cam to .stl

From: Shreyas J Bakshi (sjbakshi@protosystech.com)
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 08:38:55 EEST

My experience with such files has been that some of the surfaces do not
appear in the STL.

Since MasterCAM models are usually surface models, is ther any way to
define the shell thickness. My customer who uses MasterCAM does not know
how to do it.

Can some user advise on both these issues ?

Thanks in advance

Scott -Scooter- Sutterer wrote:

> I recently received some .stl file from a customer using Master Cam.
> The triangulation was good but half of the normals were inside out and
> 3dverify could not fix the file. Does anybody have any clues on how to
> get good .stl files from Master Cam
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> ####### Scott "Scooter" Sutterer