Donate RP equipmentfor tax a tax deduction

From: Benno Vanoort (vanoortb@newschool.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 19:54:20 EEST

DONATE YOUR USED RAPID PROTOTYPING AND
3D DIGITIZING EQUIPMENT FOR A TAX DEDUCTION
TO PARSONS SCHOOL OF DESIGN

Parsons is integrating 3-D digitizing and rapid prototyping technology
into the design curriculum, to better prepare the young designer for the
competitive design and engineering industry. Throughout their
education, the students develop good skills in 3-D design on computers,
as well as material & processes skills. By adding digitizing and rapid
prototyping to the curriculum, we provide an obvious extension to 3-D
modeling, design and engineering.

Unfortunately, we have not found funding for the purchase of RP
equipment, and hope to obtain equipment through a donation. If you want
to trade in your used equipment, consider donating it to Parsons. Not
only could this be profitable for your organization, you would help the
future designer. We are interested in user friendly equipment that can
be operated in a dust free computer environment. The rapid prototyping
equipment should produce models that do not need a post curing process,
or removal of resin such as SLA.

Donations to a non-profit institution such as Parsons School of Design
are tax deductible. We might be able to offer you a tax deduction of
the book value instead of getting a low market value. The value must be
determined by an independent assessor.

The following are some examples of technologies Parsons is interested
in:
Digitizing equipment:
Hyscan
CSS
digibolt 3D
Microscribe 3D
Minolta Vivid 700

Rapid prototyping equipment:
Sanders - Model maker 2
Z Corporation - Z 402
3D Systems - Actua 2100
Helisys - LOM
Cubital - SGC
Stratasys - FDM
DTM Corp SLS

Contact Benno van Noort, Facilities Coordinator at Parsons.
Tel: 212-229-5374
Fax: 212-229-5885
E-mail: vanoortb@newschool.edu