Re: Vs: Request

From: Tom Richards (tomr@aicasting.com)
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 18:47:32 EEST

5th Graders on St. Lucia:

Our manufacturing plants are located near the City of Providence, Rhode
Island, USA, on Narragansett Bay which connects to the Atlantic Ocean a few
miles away at Newport where much ocean sailing and racing is done.

We use the internet extensively to send and receive 3D CAD models of parts
which customers wish us to precision cast in metal alloys.

We use computers to slice those 3D CAD models into layers which Rapid
Prototype machines can use to build the parts layer by layer in a wax-like
material.

We make a plaster mold around the wax, melt out the wax and pour molten
metal into the mold cavity to form the exact part.

In this way we can help anyone from around the world to go from their 3D CAD
design of a part to the actual metal part to hold in their hand in only
several days.

I would name the multi-colored cat Mindy.