Re: SGI Monitors

From: ATiburon@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 03:48:51 EEST

In a message dated 99-04-07 10:35:32 EDT, ssutter@pdmfg.com writes:

<< Within the next few weeks many of us will be switching to NT with the
 release of the 3D Systems Light Year Software. >>
I for one an not going to dump the SGI anytime soon. As 3D has told us
repeatedly and demonstrated with every software release I am familiar with.
They, 3D, are NOT a software company. They have a tendency to lose good
features, change default settings, and of course are not very friendly about
supporting non-Ciba resins. I will certainly use the NT version, but I
wouldn't retire the SGI till I have a good feel for the new software. I am
told it bears no resemblence to Maestro. After all I still use Solidview in
preferance to Vista many times too.
Andy Scott
Lockheed Martin Aerospace