re: sintered delrin

From: bvanhiel@nordson.com
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 23:40:54 EEST

Roy,

I don't think sintered (or extruded) delrin would be a good physical
simulation of machined or molded delrin. The prototypes would be the same
shape and be made of 'delrin' but the similarity would end there. If your
customers were to try to build a working prototype, they might be
dissappointed. The thermal and mechanical properties of the sintered
material would be significantly different from the final part.

I would suggest either machining the prototypes out of a slab of delrin or
creating an epoxy tool to mold the part. Another alternative is to mold
the parts out of a urethane that has the mechanical/thermal properties of
interest.

-Brian

*** Brian VanHiel - Mech. Eng. - Nordson Corp - bvanhiel@nordson.com ***