Re: effective booth selling during RP&M

From: Rafael Santillan (santillan@ciateq.mx)
Date: Wed Apr 28 1999 - 00:54:09 EEST

Dear Caroll

I understand your fellings however I do understand the boot workers as well, after several shows and demonstrations they have learn how to identufy potential buyers or key people and avoid as much as possible to "waste time with some body who is not buying anything or does not look like some one who will promote their product" I think thats normal that is a business. To be more effective they relay in certain details like the dressing way and attitud of the show visitors. If they are getting bore they may expend some time with anybody just for the sake to wake up. But if there is a lot o people at the show they have to give special attention to the potential custemrs rather than with the "time wasters".

I have being at dozens of exhibitions in USA due to my work in a R&D in Mexico, during my first visits to shows I was too ignored, I thought that it may be a racial thing because I am Mexican but it was not the reason, hoever with the time I learned to dress no too casual otherwise I was ingnored and to take an attitud like someone who is buying a dozen of those machines at a boot. The combination of this two things changed drastically the attitud of the most boot workers.

So I would suggest to you to review those two things and try a different way next time you go to any exhibition, and remember despite we does not like it the boot workers will not change their attitud they are there to sell their products or identify a potential buyers, so let them feel that...

good look for the nex show

** Rafael Santillan, Ph.D. Mech. Eng. Office Phone: 52-42-112623 **
** Analysis and Numerical Simulation Fax: 52-42-169963 **
** Proc. Energ. **
** **
** CIATEQ Centro de Tecnología Avanzada **
** <http://ciateq.mx/> **
** **
** Address: Calzada Retablo 150 Email: santillan@ciateq.mx **
** Queretaro,Qro. / MEXICO ZIP 76150 **