Re: Converting DXF to STL

From: Tom Vorgitch (tom@solidconcepts.com)
Date: Wed Apr 28 1999 - 23:39:21 EEST

At 05:39 PM 4/27/99 -0500, Mitchell J. A wrote:

>Hello RPML Subscribers,
>
>Does anyone know how to convert a *.dxf file to a *.stl file??
It is a
>scanned image of persons' face, but the *.dxf file is full of open
>triangles.
>
>If anyone can help I will greatly appreciate it.
>
>Thank you in advance,
>
>J. Mitchell
>SLS Operator
>MSOE-RPC
>(414)-277-7189

You can download a copy of SolidView/RP Master from
http://www.solidconcepts.com and you can also get
a free 15 day license key from the same site.

SolidView/RP Master will read the .dxf file and
you can use the repair functions to fix the gaps.

A bit of warning: Fixing STL files is like having
your doctor touch up the x-rays instead of doing surgery--
It fixes the symptom, but not the cause!

If this is a one-time problem, you can zip up the
file and email it to me and I'll take care of it for you.

Regards,

Tom Vorgitch
Solid Concepts Inc.
28231 Avenue Crocker, Unit #10