Re: NEW Message: Part 2 of Converting *.dxf to *.stl

From: Bert VandenBerg (bert@hymarc.com)
Date: Thu Apr 29 1999 - 20:33:58 EEST

"Mitchell J. A" wrote:

> In the previous message I stated that the *.dxf file
> is a scanned image. It is a wireframe without 3dface elements.

I just got back from Quality '99 in Chicago. A Belgian company (Metris) was
showing off a scan data processing software that included three modules that
runs
_inside_ autoCAD. One of these modules was supposed to create a closed
(ACIS)
solid from (subsampled) scan data. They also have functions for polygonizing
scan data.

They also have a pre-processing program for editing, merging, and
smoothing scan data.

The software did appear to be somewhat unstable during the ~hour I sat with
the
company representative, but it your mileage may differ.

--
Bert van den Berg                   E-mail: bert@hymarc.com
Hymarc Ltd.                           http://www.hymarc.com