Re:

From: Doug Mitchell (dmitchel@ford.com)
Date: Wed May 05 1999 - 19:55:33 EEST

Sherrick, George wrote:

> We have a need to go from an IDEAS 4.0 model to STL, does
> anyone have any experience with this problem? It will output
> an IGES file, so a utility to convert from IGES to STL that
> runs on UNIX would work. Does anyone have such a shareware
> utility?

George,

Am I correct in assuming that you don't have the optional
software to output the stl file directly? Or are you not
aware of where it is located in the menus? On 4.0, ISTR that
it was selected through the menu Design or Master Modeller.
On the later versions, it is selected as an output type.

Regards,

--
Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ford.com