High speed machining from STL's

From: Terry T. Wohlers (twohlers@compuserve.com)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 02:47:36 EEST

Brad Fox wrote:

> I'm looking for some good feedback on high speed machining off of STL
files.
> Is DeskProto the only software available that is generating cutter paths
off
> STL's? Any others people would comment on?

PowerMill from Delcam also does a fine job at producing tool paths from STL
data. Less than a year ago, the company had planned to roll out a product
called PowerMill Express for ~$10K, as I recall, and its main purpose was
to import and work with STL data. I have not heard whether the company
introduced the product. Does anyone know?

Terry

Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates, Inc.
OakRidge Business Park