RE: High speed machining from STL's

From: Giorgos Hatzilias (giorgos.hatzilias@marc.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 00:48:03 EEST

> Brad Fox wrote:
>
> I'm looking for some good feedback on high speed machining off of
> STL files.
> Is DeskProto the only software available that is generating
> cutter paths off
> STL's? Any others people would comment on?

"Cimatron" is a comprehensive CAD/CAM package focusing on the Tool & Die
side of machining and accepts STLs.

For more info on this contact:
Terry Peters [mailto:gmsi@mindspring.com] of Graphic Manufacturing Systems.

About Cimatron(from homepage):
Cimatron Ltd. (NASDAQ: CIMTF) is a leading developer of integrated CAD/CAM
solutions for the tooling process. Through its data-to-steel product
philosophy, Cimatron is committed to providing mold, tool and die makers
with comprehensive, cost-effective solutions that streamline manufacturing
cycles, enable collaboration with outside vendors, and ultimately shorten
product delivery time. Worldwide, more than 4,000 customers in the
automotive, consumer plastics, and electronics industries employ Cimatron's
leading CAD/CAM solutions for manufacturing. Founded in 1982, Cimatron Ltd.
is publicly traded on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol CIMTF. Cimatron's
subsidiaries and extensive distributor network are located in over 35
countries to serve customers worldwide with complete pre- and post-sale
support. For more information, please visit our website at
http://www.cimatron.com.

Giorgos Hatzilias,
RPMI Georgia Tech