Re: Rapid Tool Question

From: Nick Osborn (Nick@liptool.co.uk)
Date: Fri May 21 1999 - 20:00:09 EEST

Dear Kevin

Sounds like we may be able to help you using our LIPTOOL process - however I have a few questions I would like to ask:

Is the 1,400 tons "evenly spread"over a gradual geometry or are there higher point loadings to consider?

Is this a sheet forming application? If so what thickness and what material, etc.

CAD files available?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Nick

Nick Osborn
Managing Director
nick@liptool.co.uk
LIPTOOL Ltd.
140 - 144 Station Road, March,
Cambs. PE15 8NH, UK

"REAL PARTS REAL QUICK!"

Tel: +44 (0) 1354 650 789
Fax: +44 (0) 1354 650 799
www.liptool.co.uk

>>> "Kevin Liles" <kevin@lilesk.freeserve.co.uk> 21/05/99 15:25:42 >>>
Dear list,
                     I have a client who is interested in using a Rapid Tool in a press. The tool size will be around 250x250x100mm (10x10x4" for our friends in the US) and the force the tool will be subjected to is 1,400 tons.
Does anyone know if Keltool or Rapidsteel will withstand this sort of load?
Apart from machining, are there any other methods for creating a tool of this size and strength?

Best Regards,
       Kevin Liles

Advanced 3D Solutions