RE: Quick Cast

From: Markus Hitter (M.Hitter@fh-trier.de)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 14:20:06 EEST

On Mon, 24. Mai 1999 2:33 Uhr, DANIEL CHARLES DAVIS
<mailto:DANIEL@proton.com.my> wrote:
> Joe,
>
> Yes. The "no moisture" requirement is only for the foundry process.
> You can process as normal if you do not intend on casting the
pattern.
> Cheers.

To my experience it's necessary to close the draining holes BEFORE any
rinsing. You can do that with the SL resin and an UV-spot.

Any left alcohol inside the part makes it weak like chewing gum after
some days. We use SL5170 resin and 2-propanol for rinsing.

Markus

Qucik
> > Cast part of a rather large part. He had tried to do a thin wall
on
> > the part but his CAD software couldn't handle the complex geometry
and
> > crashed. So we decided to give it a try. I ran a small test part with
> > vents and drains, everything looked good, but the clean up was
more
> > that I expected since from what I have heard you should not use
tpm
> > and water only alcohol to wipe down the part. These parts are not
> > intended for the foundry use only for presentation purposes,
therefore
> > all the requirements of a true Quick Cast Part are not nessecary.
My
> > question is can I get away with draining then washing these parts
in
> > tpm and resining with water, then the PCA with out making the part
> > unusable.Ê Anyone having experience with this any and all
feedback
> > would be greatly appreciated.
> > Joe Jordan

-
 Markus Hitter http://www.fh-trier.de/~hitterm
 Dipl. Ing. Maschinenbau

 - CAD FlŠchenrŸckfŸhrung
 - Stereolithografie
 - Programmieren im CAD- und Maschinensteuerungsbereich