RE: Pager

From: DANIEL CHARLES DAVIS (DANIEL@proton.com.my)
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 04:51:26 EEST

Paul,

It works well using BS 4.1.1 and a Pentium-based controller. The only
caveat is that you must turn on this option with EVERY build. There is
no way to default the pager option to work with every build (or perhaps
I should say that we don't know how). Also be aware that you may want
to change the <number or retries> to 1. Otherwise, the default is 3 and
it will page you 3 times!

The use of this option is not advised with a 486 controller per 3D
Systems.

Basically to configure it, load a BFF file, go to the <Setup> pulldown
menu and choose <Telephone>. There is also a button one can add to the
toolbar for a shortcut (found at <View>:<Toolbars>:Telephone). Check the
appropriate boxes, add in the pager phone numbers and you're ready to
go.

Of course, be sure that you or your 3D FSE (recommended as the
controller is very fussy) have added & set up a modem, as the SLA500
doesn't come with one as standard equipment.

Let me know if you need any more help. Cheers!

---
Regards,
Dan Davis
PROTON Rapid Prototyping & Manufacturing Center
Hicom Industrial Estate, Batu Tiga, PO Box 7100
Shah Alam, 40918 Selangor MALAYSIA
+60 3 515-2380 phone/fax
http://www.protoncar.com/rapid/index.htm